With Telstra Exchange Building Access (TEBA), you have access to floor space and facilities such as security, electricity, cable trays and interconnection cables in Telstra exchange buildings. As a Telstra Wholesale customer TEBA enables you to install and operate your own equipment for interconnection with Telstra’s networks.
- Enjoy the flexibility of having space suited to your business needs with minimum units of one rack position for TEBA floor space available.
- Save the cost and hassle of setting up your own facilities with TEBA areas that come with 48V DC power, overhead cable systems, and cable trays to the MDF to house interconnection cables for connection to Unconditioned Local Loop (ULL) and Spectrum Sharing Services.
- You can also use TEBA to install radio communications equipment if you have antennas at that site.
A current Telstra Wholesale customer who is a licensed carrier or carriage service provider may be eligible for TEBA, subject to agreement to the relevant terms and conditions for access.
As a customer you will need to:
- Ensure that the relevant terms and conditions of the contract for facilities access for TEBA are understood;
- Be familiar with the TEBA Customer Information Pack before submitting any TEBA orders;
- Place orders for the TEBA product by submitting the TEBA order form;
- Get approval for physical access to Telstra buildings before visiting a site to install an exchange; and
- Use approved contractors to prepare the TEBA Design and Construction Proposal and install equipment.
The following information is available to help you through the process of accessing Telstra Exchanges:
- Fixed Facilities Access Approved Contractor List (PDF, 394 KB)
- Fixed Facilities Access Approval for Physical Access (PDF, 427 KB)
- TEBA Capped Sites (PDF, 317 KB)
- TEBA Customer Information Pack (PDF, 285 KB)
- TEBA Established Sites (PDF, 1 MB)
- Air-conditioning Audit / Installation Requirements for TEBA
- Air conditioning in TEBA Areas (PDF, 184 KB)
- Asbestos Management Procedure in Telstra (PDF, 2 MB)
- Contractor Asbestos Management Guide
- Typical Exchange Superstructure for Equipment Racks and Cabinets
- Convoluted Tubing on Cable Ties
- Contractor Asbestos Management Guide (PDF, 2 MB)
- CAD_ID Hazard Notification – Planned Service Interruption Request for Telepower
- CAD_ID MOP Proforma 000169
- CAD_ID Search Rev 1.0
- CAD_ID Hazard Bulletin
- Distribution Frames (PDF, 2 MB)
- Exchange Common Infrastructure - Cable Runways TM00181 (PDF, 2 MB)
- Exchange Common Infrastructure (PDF, 3 MB)
- Guidelines for Design and Construction Proposals involving power work
- Installation of POI-DDF Tie Cables (PDF, 81 KB)
- Madison IDT DDF Applications (PDF, 2 MB)
- Main Distribution Frames
- Main Distribution Frames - QM (PDF, 1 MB)
- Numbering, Labelling and Data Entry Requirements of Network Inventory
- Optical Distribution Frame - Standard Optical Fibre Distribution Frame (OFDF) (PDF, 1 MB)
- Optical Distribution Frame - Technical Requirements (PDF, 1 MB)
- Penetration of walls, floors and ceilings (PDF, 1015 KB)
- Planned Event and Outage Management
- TEBA Physical Access Procedures (PDF, 105 KB)
- TEBA Product Deployment
- TEBA Equipment Power and Earthing (PDF, 1002 KB)
- Telepower Design Requirements
- ULL & Spectrum Sharing - External Interconnection Cables (PDF, 372 KB)
- ULL & Spectrum Sharing - Internal Interconnection Cables (PDF, 340 KB)
- Working in Network Sites Application Form (PDF, 349 KB)
Facilities Access Services