Digital transformation is creating a huge demand for data. Seize the opportunity with reliable, fast and cost-efficient Ethernet services that offer the perfect platform for voice, data and video convergence.
Create business opportunities
Offer internet, cloud, collaboration, video or VOIP solutions to customers of all sizes using our access link as a carriage service.
Flexibility and choice
Give your end-users a choice of speeds to match their needs with bandwidth options from 256kb to 10Gb.
Speed to market
With the option to have point-to-multipoint connections, you can create new links to end-user sites and get to market faster and more cost-effectively than traditional point-to-point services.
Enjoy best-in-class connectivity with MEF Carrier Ethernet 2.0 E-Line certified services.
Improved up time
Benefit from fewer interruptions with connectivity through multiple paths and a meshed network that offer greater protection and service continuity.
Extend the market-leading features and proven capabilities of our great Ethernet data network to your nbnTM services with Telstra Wholesale Ethernet Access over NBN. We integrate nbn accesses into the same robust Ethernet Access ecosystem you are used to so you can leverage the investments you’ve already made and avoid dealing with nbn complexity.
- End-to-end Ethernet Access Premium class of service (CoS) ensures end users’ experiences appropriate to their business application
- Flexible service use cases to suit your business, enabled by our ability to offer various VLAN constructs
- Our multi-million dollar investments in our network and capabilities ensure your business benefits from future-ready technology and market-leading service standards
Our Ethernet Access solution enables you to reach more customers with the most extensive coverage across Australia and supports both copper and fibre access tails, and nbn™ network TC2 tails. You have more ways to connect with bandwidth options from 256K up to 1Gb and multiple classes of service.
You can deliver a consistent experience to those customers, whether they are:
- Retail stores using Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) for inventory management systems,
- Small to medium businesses who need corporate internet, cloud, collaboration, video or VOIP solutions, or
- Large corporations looking for international VPNs with International Private Line connectivity.
Meet your customers’ increasing demand for high speed data with flexible backhaul bandwidth solutions.
With Ethernet Backhaul, you can create fast connections between your points of presence (PoPs), Telstra equipment buildings where you have equipment and data centre sites. Using virtual connections with different bandwidths and different classes of service, you can prioritise data traffic to meet your needs.
You can adapt your Ethernet Backhaul bandwidths your demand grows, helping you to improve operational efficiencies, decrease time-to-market and ensure your customers always receive the best possible connectivity experiences.
Telstra Wholesale’s Ethernet Access and Ethernet Backhaul products are the first in the Asia Pacific region and second in the world, to have received Carrier Ethernet 2.0 E-Line certification by the MEF. Further, our Managed Leased Line product using the Ethernet interface option is currently Carrier Ethernet 1.0 E-Line certified by the MEF.
Our commitment means that when you choose our data products, you know you’re working with a leading company, committed to industry best-practice, and intent on keeping you at the forefront of technology with appropriately certified solutions.
Learn more about Our MEF Certification
- As the defining body for Carrier Ethernet, the MEF is a global industry alliance of more than 220 organizations (as at December 2013), with a mission to accelerate the worldwide adoption of Carrier-class Ethernet networks and services. They focus on developing Carrier Ethernet technical specifications and implementation agreements that promote interoperability and deployment of Carrier Ethernet worldwide
- MEF specifications have created an internationally-consistent methodology for delivering and certifying Carrier Ethernet Services that has been adopted worldwide.
- The MEF’s certification program focuses on three areas: the provider’s services, vendor’s equipment and professional technical skills
- Verification by the MEF-appointed independent testing lab, confirming a provider’s service offering is compliant to MEF’s internationally agreed specifications.
- Certification of MEF-defined Service Types
- Certification via active probes placed at the end-points of real services in the production network. The lab then continuously executes automated functional and performance tests between their probes over a two week period, which thoroughly tests the service.
- Ensures you’re leveraging MEF’s internationally recognised, standardised approach to delivering Carrier Ethernet Services
- Provides you with an independent audit trail that your provider’s service meets well-defined functionality and performance benchmarks
- Qualifies your provider’s Ethernet offering as “Carrier-Grade ” Means the services exhibit all five of the MEF-defined attributes which distinguish it from Enterprise Ethernet i.e. Standardised service types, Scalability (users, reach and bandwidth), Reliability, Quality of Service (QoS/CoS) and Service Management by virtue of internationally agreed specifications
- Ensures your provider will carefully consider any network changes that may affect their MEF Service certification
- You can have confidence knowing your data services are certified to a global industry standard for best practice. In addition, key elements in Telstra’s network have been separately CE 1.0 and/or CE 2.0 E-Line certified by our vendors, augmenting that confidence.
- Minimises your time and efforts for RFP preparation, because you can take advantage of the common industry-based understanding, which the MEF methodology delivers.
- Allows you to offer QoS-differentiated products, because CE 2.0 E-Line certification means your Ethernet services offer multiple Classes of Service, with each CoS optimised for different end-customer applications.
- More effective fault diagnosis, because CE 2.0 E-Line certification means your Ethernet services use Service OAM capabilities. Within our network, S-OAM augments existing fault diagnosis mechanisms.
- You have access to Carrier Ethernet industry expertise. Our Carrier Ethernet Certified (MEF-CECP) are here to help you interpret international best practice, by talking about your services “in the same language” as the rest of the global industry.
- MEF 9 certifies Carrier Ethernet Services functionality
- MEF 14 certifies Carrier Ethernet Services traffic management and performance
- CE 1.0 is the MEF’s “Generations Framework” branding for MEF 9 and MEF 14. Therefore, a CE 1.0 certification means MEF 9 and/or MEF 14 compliance to the MEF standards.
- CE 2.0 certification demonstrates compliance with the MEF’s Carrier Ethernet 2.0 and includes: Multi-CoS EVC’s, Service OAM and (optionally) the E-Access service type
- A CE 2.0 certification does not necessarily mean a “superior certification”. However, some performance characteristics for CE 2.0 certification are more stringent than those in CE 1.0 certification.
Telstra’s certifications for various products can be found on the MEF’s Services Registry.
More Data & IP Products
Related articles from Wholesale Connect